18 June, 2023

The dark clouds!







It was while watching the cloud formation and movements of clouds in the above pictures, taken from our courtyard two days ago, I felt the cloudy days Anna and I have been going through in the recent weeks. 

Both of our domestic workers are not able to be at work as they are recovering from illnesses. During the monsoon time, there is an additional burden to take care of the house which is old. The property around the cottage needs extra attention. All the birds in our bird house died suddenly. Dulcie and Daffny do not get enough time to wander in the garden as it is wet and raining. The land is covered with overgrown grass. The fallen leaves are spread all over! Anna and I feel unsupported as we do not have the helping hands, during the last three weeks. 

As I am in the closing weeks of my eleven years at the hospital, I feel the demands of bringing all things to a winding down level. Some parents who have been waiting for a clinical summary of their child for over a month seem to be loosing their patience. One person sent a mail with indications of anger! With my day spreading from 7 am to about 9 pm for the last three months, on five days in a week with clinical work, the time to write reports got reduced. I normally prepared about three to four reports in a week, which meant that parents did not have to wait for more than two weeks. My tinnitus has not been kind to me recently. 

Most of us face similar clouds, which interrupt our wellness and increase our apprehension!

What surprised me while watching the clouds was the cloud turning brighter against the backdrop of a blue sky! The clouds do not fade away often; they are present but the light shines better and warmer!

I heard a rustling behind me in the tree when I was caught up in these thoughts. When I turned, I noticed a rather unusual bird, probably a Euphonia on the tree, hidden in the foliage! What a surprise!


Amidst the clouds we go through, there are discoveries we would make!

The clouds are necessary to give us a glimpse of realities beyond the normal! 

Th clouds come and go giving us an exposure to the existential realities, which in the ordinary times, do not need much attention !

The clouds are also messengers!

Receiving life as given, when received, opens the door to a new consciousness of meaning and purpose! 


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)






No comments:

Post a Comment