02 May, 2020

Candle and Flowers !



Anna and I have had a candle on our central table since we came to live in our cottage here. We light  a candle whenever we have an unhurried time together. We gather the flowers in this vase from our garden at least twice a week.

A candle reminds us of the life that we are blessed with. Flowers symbolise the gift we bring from our life to each other and others.  

Our times can be momentous and refreshing if we dedicate the time to the person. 

This would mean that telephone calls, other distractions do not take away the dedicated time we offer to each other. 

I find this as a struggle. Sometimes a telephone call that I was expecting arrives at a time when I am in conversation with another person. I postpone attending to the phone most of the times, but there are more exceptions than I would have liked. 

Time dedicated to a person with whom we are in conversation is a dedicated time. To me it is a sacred  time!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment