14 October, 2020

Fear Not the Darkness!


In the darkness of the night, when  the sky is overcast, the could dispels the darkness! I found this sight truly uplifting on an evening when it was raining heavily. The cloud brightened the sky.

It was a telephone call from a friend, which awakened by soul to a new level of consciousness yesterday! There is so much talk about the risk the senior citizen's carry at this time of increasing number of COVID 19 patients every day in the state of Kerala. This message can make one feel unsafe. 

The silvery white cloud in the night sky was a message of the new dawn in the morning of a sunny day ahead! 


On the next morning, what held my attention was this rose bud ready to open! I almost jumped for joy. The silvery white cloud of the previous evening and the rose bud of the new morning together gave me an assurance that, light shall overcome darkness!

There is a permanent kitchen a family runs not far from us, who would leave packets of food in their courtyard for any one to pick up! It is one example of that light in darkness!

I go to work every day knowing that there is risk at a time like this for señor citizens! But I come back with a light in my soul and with an overwhelming gratefulness that I return well enough to look forward to the dawn of the morning beyond the darkness of the night!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)



No comments:

Post a Comment