27 April, 2020

The first Moon !


This sighting of the moon from our garden at home two days back was a special occasion for me because, this marks the beginning of the festival month fasting for Muslims. I had a muslim cleric who came to visit me on the same day with his grand son, who has multiple developmental needs. He told me that he would be fasting and praying this month for his grandson. 

He looked relaxed and I let him take time to talk about himself. He was sorrowful because of what he suffers on account of his grandson. This led to a confession of his perspectives on Faith, God and suffering. 

He turned to the sighting of the moon. Although on the first day, it is only crescent, over the few weeks, the full moon would appear. The non-visible moon, except for the crescent is still in the sky. He equated this to his view of God. He confessed that he has a limited knowledge or experience of God, but God will reveal Himself to us little by little just as the moon appears bigger from being a crescent. 

I felt ministered to by his analogy.  

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)



No comments:

Post a Comment