27 July, 2023

Four Large colourful birds !

 











I revisited these photographs today and relived the cheer I experienced, when I spotted and photographed them for the first time!

Some memories last. 

One memory that stays with me is one encouragement from an author of collections of his photographs, in 1986, who noticed me take photos of flowers on the road side with a 35 mm compact camera, before the digital photography was available. He wanted to see the prints of the photos. While looking at them he took time to point out what was good about the photos and what could have been better. That was 37 years ago. 

I have an interest to take photos of children, birds, flowers, senior citizens, social events and nature scenes. 

Someone mentioned to me that this blog into its 11th year with few blogs short of five thousand, might have about ten thousand photos, out of which birds and flowers dominate the photos. 

I feel I received an invitation to pursue a sober outlook to life, living and learning from the experience of watching birds and flowers. 

The book of Daniel, in the Old Testament of the Bible, closes with this verse, ' But as for you, go your way, to the end, and the you will enter into rest, and rise again for your allotted portion at the end of the age' (Daniel 12:13).

Going, finding rest and to receive the allotted portion...! 

As I went my way, I found people who cared and nurtured; children and families who told me their story of needs and aspirations; birds and flowers who pointed me to the creator God. Now that I an older, I long to live in the  joy, of having been blessed with long life and the companionship of Anna in the journey ahead!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)



No comments:

Post a Comment