13 July, 2023

A leaf Bird !




A leaf bird is not a frequent visitor in our garden. On a misty morning, its visibility was poor. Whether it is a greater or lesser or golden fronted or Jerdon's leaf bird is not clear to me. I noticed leaf birds in our garden only occasionally. 

Except for the flutter of the leaves during its measured movement, I would have missed spotting it as its colour merged with with the leaves naturally. 

Its quiet and composed presence for that short time, even though it was threatening to rain, gave me a sense of its spontaneous charming behaviour. The elegance and alertness along with its exquisite body complexion gave me a feeling that birds are messengers of cheer! No wonder, many take a break from work for bird watching and photographing!

My work table is facing the front courtyard of our cottage, where birds come as the bird feed and bath place are located in the corner of the courtyard.  I did not know that some birds would pause for being photographed!  Their friendly gestures are indeed a delight to watch. One Magpie Robin is a regular visitor, who sits on the door and grooms its body! Before it flies away, it gives away its tuneful bird call a few times. 

Yes, birds are 'feathered friends' !


M.C.Mathew (text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment