25 February, 2021

Flowers in broken branches






 

The only  blossoms I could find yesterday in this mango tree was from the two broken branches. Those flowers look healthy and ready to bear fruit. The rest of the tree does not show the flowers as yet. 

Normally a broken branch would delay bearing fruit. So this is a mystery!

Every time I wash my hands at the wash basin after examining a child, I have a direct view of this sight for the last three weeks.

It was during the last three weeks I had an intensely difficult experience in my work place. Amidst that disturbing and unsettling encounter at work place, I watched this hurting  branch giving its blossom. 

It is a message to my soul. Only goodness alone can be the legitimate response when hurt and bleeding. I take this message to my heart although it is difficult and effortful. 

Oh, that I might make this message my purpose in relating to others! 

In fact, although this mango tree is outside a public path, I wonder whether this mystery gets noticed! The two hurting branches give away the flowers for fruit bearing!

That is a mission worth pursuing when we feel hurt and sad!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)



No comments:

Post a Comment