17 February, 2021

Fire Burnt banana leaves



 Look at the contrasting look of the fire-burnt banana leaves at sunrise and sunset!

This is yet another illustration that all events about which we all like to comment have several shades of truth and meaning. If I were to take the photos of this scene at different times with or without sunshine, the spectrum enlarges. 

I have been in a dilemma about my perception. Do I take into account all the shades of truth and insights as I proceed about decision making! 

During an intensely difficult situation, I took several days to pursue the truth in all its shades and yet the decision taken only has made a difficult more disturbing than the earlier. 

I get to see another shade of truth in such situation. The question is whose benefit are we seeking while decisions are made! When that question arises many questions get answered. The larger picture makes truth more comprehensive!

Listening is one way of enhancing the comprehension of the truth in its entirety. In listening, one has to discern the information from the perspective of larger benefit. 

Whatever one might do, I get a sense that those who are opiniated prevail and dominate the situation. 

Silence is the usual response of those who seek to live with the desire to be truth seekers,, when called upon to defend the truth, as truth stands alone needing no defence!

I feel that I have failed in this calling! The consciousness beckons me to enter the phase of silence at all situations to listen inwardly and stay silent when questioned! Questioning is not the only way of seeking after truth. Discerning is more effective. That is also a way to be equidistant from all those whose opinions are divided.  As the sun become brighter from dawn to mid day, so it shall be with truth for all those who wait silently for truth to be made more evident!



M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment