17 December, 2023

When the morning breaks...!






Each day, at day break, when I walk in our garden, I feel enthused by sights that charm and enthuse me with hope!

The web of the spider and the Kingfisher with its catch of a crab between its beaks were special sights of the morning. 

At day break, a new day of mixed experiences awaits us. 

I was surprised to spot a flock of eight Wagtail birds on the cable dancing with their bodies. 


At the end of the day, when it was nearing dusk, an Egret was in our garden looking for its feed!


It was just a few minutes ago, I watched the news clipping of what is currently happening following the invasion of Gaza by the Israel army. People in desperate situation, having to flee their homes and leave behind their belongings! The Palestinians are at a loss. The Hamas nor Israel nor most of the rest of the world are on their side! The majority vote in the United Nations assembly in favour of ceasefire does not move the Israel army to stop the war. The world super powers neither want or are not able to enforce ceasefire. 

The Egret looking for food at the end of the day in our garden symbolised to me of those who are hungry, homeless, unemployed, and subsisting with least hope for tomorrow!

By then the sun had set and darkness had covered our garden!

I heard tuneful singing in our garden. When I looked out, what I saw was a purple rumped Sunbird perched on a tall branch, engaged in a chorus of loud and tuneful singing, which came to me as a 'la-la-bai' to my soul!


The day break brought sights in our garden, that generated hope within me! 

At the end of the day, it was the same message of hope that the Sunbird brought to me. 

I listened to some Christmas carols in the evening, while Anna was having an on line  reunion with her class mates of MBBS days. What Anna shared with me was about people talking about matters of the heart with compassion. Her batch of students at CMC Vellore is endeavouring to build a rest house for relatives of patients,  who come for treatment at the Ranipet campus of the hospital. One of her classmates, an Ophthalmologist offers voluntary service at West Bank. Such stories bring hope and cheer!

Jesus was born in a manger, a least homely environment and had to be on exile for fear of being killed, as boys below two years were to be killed according to the decree of king Herod! Jesus during his life lived to bring love, peace and hope to people. He served till He was crucified and ministered similarly to his disciples in a self giving way after His resurrection !

Among all the temporal things, the life of Jesus brings hope for tomorrow!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment