01 December, 2023

Roses at twilight in winter!


















Anna and I spent two weeks at the Madhipura Christian Hospital, recently. The hospital has a garden of roses. Most of them were in bloom, in pale tones. I looked at them at different times of the day. 

Except in the morning just before the sun is bright, the different shades were not evident or distinguishable. The photos above, taken in the twilight gave reasonable results to get the colour range. A little more exposure or under exposure would mask the original colour. With limited skills in exposure control and not wanting to use a tripod, I took all these in the automatic mode. 

The petals covered with dew could be seen in some photos, as the winter temperature was setting in at night. 

I usually find this range of pastel colours printed in brochures of wall paints. I wondered how such colours with only small differences could be created. It was while watching these rose flowers I realised that these colours exist in nature. 

What a scenic place is the earth we live in!

I visited these rose bushes at twilight almost every day to feel inspired by the range of colours, which gave different moods of celebrant look!

I gathered these flowers here to greet Anna on her birthday!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment