14 December, 2023

A nesting crow !









This nest was in preparation for about three weeks on top of a nutmeg tree in your garden. 

The first two photographs were taken three weeks ago, when in about three days, the nest appeared. Since I first noticed it, I have looked for any nesting bird. 

It was yesterday I noticed a crow. I noticed an imperial pigeon flying a in and out of the top of the tree for a few days and wondered whether it would make it as its nesting place. 

I watched the crow for about ten minutes in the nest and moving away.

This begins a new phase for any bird.  then the garden has become the home birds. 

It is a complex habit different for different species of birds-courtship and  nesting. 

It is also the time for nesting for other birds. Anna and I feel good when we have birds nesting in our garden. It is then a garden would become the home for birds!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment