31 October, 2023

Swinging and Singing!




A Leafbird at dawn was perched at a slender branch and  swinging in the wind. It  was the movement of a branch and leaves which drew my attention to the presence of a bird at a tree top as it was still dark and cloudy in at dawn.

As I stayed watching this entertainment the bird proved for itself, I heard the bird calls without interruption. The bird calls were as if a with was put on in a sustained and regular rhythm and frequency.

A bird too has its form of finding its pleasure. 

Till it flew away, I tried capturing its beak movements during the  bird call. But I failed as the movement of the branch in the wind grave me only blurred photos. 

How delightful it was to watch the swinging and singing movements of  a Leafbird!

One gets to know a bird from its appearance, feeding and nesting practices, flight patterns, and also from its behaviour to occupy and entertain itself!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment