30 August, 2022

Wayside scenes!







I happened to notice these flowers, buds and berries on the road side, outside a house when we were waiting for the drizzle to stop. I viewed this sight in some amazement. In a small patch in the corner, there was so much artistic expressions of nature!

The street bore the marks of human carelessness of scattered papers, but the nature in its effort to overcome human neglect of the environment brought these gifts to remind us of the richness nature brings to humans. 

That is when I saw a senior citizen even in the drizzle gathering the papers and leaves on the street outside her home. I noticed how some portions of the street looked better kept with the grass on both side of the road trimmed and kept tidy. 

There are therefore some in that street who keep a watch on the street outside their homes. 

Living is therefore a calling to go beyond our own territory! The gifts of nature is for everyone; I wish humans too would become generous to think that way. 

I was affirmed of that prospects when a morning walker picked up my lens cap which I dropped while taking the above pictures. He said to me, 'take care, if you loose your lens cap, your lens would get damaged'. He too had an interest in photography and owned a camera. 

A street is a place where we meet people! A street is also place where we witness nature's gifts of  the greenery around! We breathe the oxygen they give us!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment