07 August, 2022

Feathered friends on a wet morning !












It was after a week of downpour, there was a short period of a mild drizzle at dawn today. That gave me an opportunity to walk into the garden to look for the feathered friends. I found some of them back in the garden after several days. The romance of the wood pecker captured my attention accidentally. The pair  moved from one tree to another and was seen frolicking.

What occupied my thinking while I was looking for bird movements, was the silence around our cottage for a few days now, unlike the usual bird songs starting from early in the the morning. The monsoon rain which was incessant during the last week kept them away from staying in the open and moved out of our garden. 

The silence in the garden!

It was during the last week I felt incomplete without the birds in our garden. I find that birds  bring a warm feeling and keep us alert and observant. 

M.CMathew (text and photo)
 








 


No comments:

Post a Comment