31 August, 2022

The ageing phase!


I spotted this dragon fly in our garden in between a dry spell on a rainy day. Its wings showed signs of ageing. The wings had lost the pattern and design. 

I was in the midst of coming to terms with tinnitus in my one ear this week. Often tinnitus is a warning of progressive loss of hearing, although it might be months or years later. 

Yes, I too am ageing. I took time to reflect on my inner responses to this reality. A friend who dropped in to greet me yesterday said that some of what I write in this blog series make a lot of sense because I refer to thoughts that we have, but do not care to ponder over them.  

Another friend who visits the blog periodically wondered whether I have a PDF copy of the blog of the last ten years to refer to it leisurely. 

Both these made me return to this issue of what is left with us as we age while we encounter some losses.

A friend lost her father yesterday, for whom she had made considerable provision to be taken care of when he was ailing. 

It is good to ponder over the experience of saying farewell to many abilities and skills before the time for the final farewell. 

More important is to keep alive the zest to live, as life in which ever state it might be, is a gift given to us to live givingly. 

Giving is therefore the calling in life. 

When we give, it might appear to be a loss. But giving is investing to make others around us to live better. 

Living is for giving!

The challenge is whether we can give to those who ask, more than what they expect! If that  becomes possible, then our living is fruitful!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)




No comments:

Post a Comment