31 December, 2021

The year 2022




What the year 2021 did to me is an amazing consciousness about existing in a narrow space hidden and secure amidst the wind and storm of life. 

Anna and I remained well amidst the pandemic of COVID 19, a story which awakens within us immense gratitude. I was rescued from a down hill course at my work place caused by suspicion and accusation of inefficiency. There was a confinement to a restricted space with less nearness with friends and companions. 

The Tree pie in this blog became a symbol as I prepare myself to move on to 2022!

It is perched in a slender branch but with strong branches on both sides. It remains insulated and protected. It is form this safety it shall fly out even in the wind and storm. 

My longing for 2022 is to live in this rhythm- finding refuge in God of comfort and going out with songs of joy for thoughtful service!

A family reminded me of this calling yesterday at the end of a consultation. 'It is good to know that there is a place such as this for parents to come to when they are weary'!

Come 2022 and carry me to places and scenes appointed for me!

To live with that freedom and openness is what I seek for!


M.C.Mathew (text and photo)






No comments:

Post a Comment