27 December, 2021

A story of a bird family!





I watched in our garden some unusual movements of the red vented and white cheeked Bulbuls on the Christmas morning. 

It was the presence of a Bulbul with feed between its beaks which alerted me of the presence of a nest close by. 

What I could see partially hidden by the overgrown grass was how an adult bird was feeding two little ones. I stayed watching this in delight as such occasions are rare occasions even for an avid bird watcher. 

Although it was a sight only for a minute or so, before the birds flew to hide in the thick foliage of an adjacent tree, it was a rare sight since I took to photographing birds for the last twenty years. The last time Anna and I watched such a sight was in the garden outside our house in the campus of the Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences 12 years ago. 

There is so much happening around us that go unnoticed. To be able to see and take in these sights is indeed a privilege. What a world of many happenings that remind us of the stories of caring and sharing!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment