27 December, 2021

The ageing flowers!


 In this cluster of flowers the three have changed tenor colour and and lot the filaments in teh centre in the ageing process. The three are in the process of withering and dropping to the ground. The one bud and two other younger flowers remind me of the life that shall go on!

I realise that I am in the 73rd Christmas season in my life, an experience worth recollecting. During my childhood it was the carolling I remember, going from house to house and the special meals associated with Christmas. During my years at Medical School, I remember visiting hostels to sing carols and having a special evening of singing for college students who were from different faith traditions. During the years spent at Chennai, most of the Christmas events I remember were associated with the St Andrew's Church, Egmore. The carol service, house visits and get togethers organised for children with special needs at ASHIRVAD come to my mind. During the years at CMC Vellore, the Christmas season spread over two months and inviting foster students to our home for meals and get-togethers were special occasions. Since being in our present cottage during the last ten yeas, many usual events associated with Christmas have faded away. Anna and I  visit our neighbours during the Christmas week and share the joy of Christmas! 

The usual custom of greeting friends and family during Christmas continues! That is an occasion of summarising family events and sending our a letter to share the joys of the year. Dr Janet Goodall and Dr William Cutting were the oldest friends from whom we received Christmas greetings during this season. 

It was lovely to receive videos and photos from our children and remain connected with the happy occasions the grand children go through during this season. Some friends have made special efforts to reach out to us. 

Life is for living and sharing. 

Anna and I have many recollection of how our lives have been interwoven with those of many over these years and feel grateful for those who remember us and with whom we can still keep in touch. 

We look back to recollect the joyful experiences of the Christmas seasons and feel grateful for th health and wellness that we are gifted with!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment