07 December, 2021

Light and darkness!



It was around 6 am one morning, while I was on my walk in the Madhepura Christian Hospital campus recently. I heard the rustling of leaves above me. That is when I noticed this Barbet in the first picture. It was dark and the best photo I could get after clicking about thirty shots was the one above. I felt good that at least its head was exposed to light. 

Later, I decided to edit the photo after downloading. Th effect was the second photo with a reasonable exposure. 

It is this contrast that made me think about what light can do in our interior lives. I realised that my thoughts can remain submerged in a dark interior of sadness, anger, fear or anxiety. But when I allow the light of truth, forgiveness, peace and gladness to fill my interior, even my thought gets rooted in this healthy interior. 

I realised during this reflection that many of my thoughts spring from suspicion, disappointment or fear and anxiety. I convey that in my conversation. I become bearer of discomfort to others. 

The truth becomes evident only in an ambience of light, which is openness, transparency and graceful attitude towards others. 

Light dispels darkness and the truth becomes brilliant and evident!

What benefit is if truth stays in darkness! Truth needs light for others to comprehend. It is our gentle and caring way that can bring truth to its full brilliance for others to comprehend.

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment