18 July, 2020

Singing is effortful!





I suspect this might be Maroon breasted  Loten's sunbird!

As I kept following its movements while it was perched on a slender twig, I heard it sing sharply in high metallic pitch, cheewit , cheewit, cheewit.

What astonished me was how its body acquired a new posture while it was singing (second photograph). 

I felt that even singing is effortful!

It kept singing all the time it was perched there.

Its give away is its bird song!

We can give away only what we have! 

It does cost us when we give ourselves to others. 

What we gain in return is, 'full measure and overflowing'. 

A child of five years told me about it recently. He gave away his pencil box which he received on his birthday, to a neighbour who was his play mate in the evening. When his parents noticed his care for his friend, who did not have a colour pencil set, his parents bought a colour pencil box and a water colour set for painting. 

Give what we can and do it generously. This season is when people suffer silently! 

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment