21 July, 2020

Swinging in the wind!



It is the third day, after I watched this dry leaf still hanging on a strand of a web and swinging in the wind, inspite of rain and strong winds in between. 

I heard a story of a family of nine years old child, who have many behavioural difficulties, suspicious of Asperger syndrome. He finds the class room learning difficult. Since the on line learning commenced two months back, it is a burden to him to sit still fo rah class. Instead, he designs, draws, writes poem and prose,  and has enormous narrational skills of fictional content. The family waited for him to settle well in his formal schooling and that has not happened. It is when the family is at a cross road, they sought for an on line consultation to find a conversational time. With the family expecting their next baby shortly, there is a stressful waiting!

I felt that this family was holding on like this dry leaf hanging in a slender strand of a web. 

Many of us have similar situations in our lives, when we are left with no other choice than holding on, sometimes with feeble strength. 

I am in a situation now, when I feel disturbed by the ground slipping under my feet. I gave myself to get a team together to reach out to families in distress who were holding on with slender hope. When one is involved in such situations, the financial viability of the organisation is at stake. The COVID 19 pandemic has offset it further as for the last three months we had to abandon our direct contact with children and families. This has reduced the income beyond our capacity to compensate. 

I watched this dry leaf swinging in the wind while all the above thoughts passed through my mind. There are times, when we feel threatened to be swept away in the wind, having lost the support of the slender strand of hope that helped us to hold on!

Seeing the leaf hanging on even on the third day, was a good enough sign to me that all is well, if only we can live with the vision of 'one step at a time'!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment