04 January, 2020

Single Birds





I sight these three birds regularly for the last two weeks almost at the same sites in the morning. They as of now are single. Most of the other birds of different species are already in pairs. Would they ngo through this mating season as singles!

Being single is not the norm. But some birds remain single.

One thing about the single birds, I understand is that they regard the territory of other birds and do not fight for their right of geographical control. They live by avian way of 'let go'!

To let go is a difficult human virtue which we do not come across often.

To let go means that  we give in to the needs of others or give preference to others over us.

I went to buy a cup of tea yesterday from the hospital counter yesterday. A senior colleague insisted that I be served first although I came after him, because he thought I had children waiting for me to be welcomed in the out patient service!

Human mindfulness can be touching and inspiring. I felt it deeply yesterday!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment