24 September, 2016

'Follow the impulses of your heart and desires of your eyes'!


This is the first migratory bird I noticed in our garden this year!

As I kept watching this bird, my thoughts returned to a phrase I remembered from my meditation in the morning form Ecclesiastes11.9, '..follow the impulse of your heart and the desires of your eyes..'. It is this which the bird has followed even in this season!

However, it is also important to focus on how this bird makes this choice! It makes the choice to overcome the cold season, when its food and safety woeful be at risk! It is mindful of its responsibility to overcome an adversity!

Yesterday, while in conversation, I realised how this outlook to life is threatened by the enticing things of this world!  While watching the TV, I noticed that all the four national English channels would have an advertisement time of two to three minutes almost every five minutes! So the impulses of our hearts and the desires of our eyes are influenced by external pressures!

Oh, that men and women would have the word of God as the 'light for their feet and lamp unto their path'! 

M,.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment