03 March, 2023

Quiet presence and gentle movements!








The butterfly in this blogspot is Talicada, an Indo-Malaysian species, smaller than other butterflies, but rich in colour and complexion. I happened to spot it while passing by the row of plants at the edge of our courtyard. 

What fascinated me was its quiet presence and gentle movement on the bunch of flowers!

It stayed still most of the time and moved gently between flowers with only little movements of its wings. 

It points to a lesson in life worth pondering upon!

I remember many occasions in life when I was too noisy for others to feel disturbed with my opinions and interventions. When one has an opinion, it can be presented gently or forcefully. I confess that I chose unwisely the latter path. 

Now in the seventh decade of life it is dawning on me that life is a passage through a maize of people and relationships. I wish I was able to hold people dear to me rather than hold on to my opinions and present them forcefully to alienate people from wanting to relate to me. The lonely path I landed in, is a consequence of the way I presented my opinions strongly!

While listening to a parent on issues relating to a rift between his twin children, I found a similar trait in the older twin. The elder twin is forceful, imposing and demanding. The other twin therefore stays out of his twin brother's orbit. 

Some people have an ability to draw people to themselves because of what they can offer thoughtfully and mindfully!

It was while watching a small butterfly, Talicada, I got introduced to this thought journey one more time! 

How refreshing it would be if life is lived with greater thoughtfulness to be gentle in approach and conversation! This longing sprang up within me yesterday! The beautiful colour complexion is what a Talicada butterfly is gifted with even though it is only about a centimeter  and half in height ! It is a colourful butterfly although small. 

One's 'smallness' is not an issue. It is alright to be viewed as small. But it is possible to be colourful, graceful and thoughtful!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 





No comments:

Post a Comment