26 January, 2021

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow




The first dew covered rose flower, which I noticed the day before yesterday represented the exuberance and fulfilment of how I found the last eight years at my work place. 

The second rose flower which is beautiful, but looks dry early in the winter morning, without dew represents what happened to me today. 

Anna did not appear in the vaccination list which was forwarded by the institution to the district authorities, where she was working until three weeks ago. This was mandatory for her to receive vaccination against COVID 19. Now to get her into the vaccination list is difficult and might take several weeks of waiting until the current list of the beneficiaries are vaccinated. 

Later in the afternoon, I had an unusual experience in the place where I work,which made me feel exasperated. 

I spent revisiting these two experiences most of the evening and kept wondering the way forward!I could not summarise the day peacefully!

It is with a heaviness of heart I started my walk in the morning into the garden. Lo and behold, a flower about to open fully and a bud waiting to open in a rose plant greeted me. I almost missed this sight as this plant was in the extreme corner of the garden. The sight lifted my spirit.

I have a history of many pleasant memories at work of the last eight years, but not a good feeling about the two events of yesterday.  The sight today brought hope amidst a sense of loss and disappointment. 

One's disappointments can come from least expected sources.The disappointment can cause a slide into a valley experience.

While the above is a harsh reality to live with today, the tomorrow can bring encouragement and hope. That is what I felt today, while greeted by two rose flowers in different stages of their flowering!

To live hopefully is an effort, but a habit to aspire for!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment