17 January, 2021

At Day break on a winter morning!




A dry tree battered by nature's ill-will.

It becomes a flight station for a Kingfisher while I was still watching it.

What appears redundant or an ugly sight or a space occupying burden in a garden, suddenly came alive and got noticed because a Kingfisher found it good enough. 

What appears an eye sore received its due attention because a Kingfisher adorned it by its presence. 

I keep pondering over it because many suffer from neglect or inattention because they are different from the majority. 

I received special attention yesterday at the COVD 19 vaccination centre as I was the oldest person in the batch of twenty waiting for the vaccination. When I left the place after the abundance of attention, I remembered how much receiving attention brings a good feeling and comfort. 

I came back with a message in my soul. How much I give attention to others who are in distress but are silent about it!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)




No comments:

Post a Comment