27 January, 2021

Leaves, Buds and Flowers!






In our garden, there are leaves, buds and  flowers all the time. For most part of the year, the plants have leaves alone. It is during that time they are tended with special care for the season of flowering. 

I find this as a lesson of some significance. 

Life is a garden of people. How much we provide care for others is a question worth pondering over! Do we withdraw because others are discourteous sometimes! Or do we continue to care to the extent it is possible!

While one chooses the second option, live with the awareness that the buds and flowers are not necessarily the outcome all the time. There are some rose plants in our garden which have not flowered during this season as yet. So more attention is given to them.

The work place ambience ought to be helping others to be fruitful. However, it can become a burden when the work place relationships are not spontaneous and reciprocal.

That is when it is important to receive the plants with only leaves just as we receive the plants with flowers. 

To give liberally and care thoughtfully is in our domain; to blossom is in the domain of others! 

I meditate on these thoughts as I am in the stage of summarising the mission that has been upon my heart for the last eight years in the place where I work for a few more months. Have I fulfilled this aspiration! I am not sure if I have done as much as I could have!

I want to grow to receive gladly leaves, buds and flowers in an equal measure of appreciation as all of them are symbols of lives in different stages in our work place, neighbourhood, network of relationships, etc.

To offer a measure of acceptance to all around us is a habit worth pursuing and practising!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment