23 November, 2021

Birds have a nest!




A month back, I noticed these two parakeets hovering around this dry coconut palm and making hollows in the stem by peeling of the fibres of the stem. Following the raining season, when I looked at the stem, I found multiple hollows in the stem!

When I used the zoom lens, I noticed a green speck in one hollow, suggesting that a bird was present in that hollow. Since I noticed it two days back, I was looking for a bird activity around this. In the short time I have been at home, when it is still day, I am yet to notice bird movements around this hollow!


I often look around in our garden during the autumn and water months for bird's nests ! Now that the rain is receding , the bird activity would increase. 

Birds find or create nests! They make them in safe places!


I found this squirrel gathering materials for making its nest in the garden! That too gave me enough reason to be on to look out for nests in the garden!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment