26 November, 2021

Morning visitors in the garden!



These two butterflies moved from one flower to the other doing what they are meant to be doing! They did their movements quietly and noiselessly. Their movements would not have been noticed by me until I noticed one of them fly past my walking path. 

There is a quiet way of being present, active and doing good to others!

A lot of what we do create visibility. Some deliberately do what they do to get visibility. 

I noticed a senior citizen walking with a shoulder bag one evening while returning home from the hospital. He stopped at a migrant worker's gathering in a shopping area. I saw him handing over a few neatly covered packets to some of them. It aroused my curiosity. I stopped to enquire. This gentle man, who lives alone after his wife passed away due to Corona infection does this daily. He brings a few food packets to give to the migrant workers who did not get employed on that day. It is a share of the food he cooks for himself. He is a retired ward boy from a government hospital. 

I waited for an opportunity to meet him. When I asked him about the reason why he was doing every day, he mentioned to me that he would feel comfortable to have his evening meal only after he shared his meal with a few. I felt drawn towards him. A quiet way of doing good! Only one auto driver among the few in this traffic junction had noticed this man's daily visit with food packets!

There are many like this among us who live to care and share! That gives hope that goodness would spread! It would only be only like what salt is to food! Unseen but felt! There is nobility in serving quietly!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment