18 July, 2021

Birds on a rainy day!




I watched this Barbet on a coconut palm in between showers drying and grooming its body and getting ready for its next flight. 

I kept looking for birds in our garden during this short dry spell. What surprised me was the absence of any bird flight movements in the garden. 

I kept walking to see if the birds were perched wet and not able to fly till they were dry! Or did they confine to safe places under the cover of thick foliage!

This is watt I found in our garden! An assortment of sights!











The birds were there in their usual places. A barbet was still finding its food and a pair of Bulbuls had found a place to protect themselves from the rain in thick foliage. 

I returned amazed how life was normal for birds! 

They get used to living in the midst of adversities. 


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)





No comments:

Post a Comment