17 July, 2021

Birds in our garden on a rainy day!






These four birds come to greet us almost every day, flying between the three trees in our front garden. It was raining heavily and when there was a short respite they came for their regular morning visit. 

It was the Tit who was most communicate as it turned towards me as I whistled.

A small gesture from side and a big response!

I carried this cordial response form a Tit as I drove to hospital!

I thought many people whom I know in the hospital and tried recalling, when was the last time time I greeted them spontaneously! 

Yesterday a senior officer working in the administration dropped in to greet me and share his recent story. His comment was : 'I used to get a call from you earlier. Has anything changed!'. Yes, I realised that I withdrew to my corner in the last one year ever since I had to face some adverse  situations in the department. 

These birds even on a rainy day came visiting! It is their way of life, visiting all their fight stations.  

What forms our immediate environment and work setting matter a lot. People form the fabric of our lives. We do not have to wait for people to greet us. 

A young couple who had  a baby a few months ago, keep sending out the family picture to me.  Anna and I feel delighted in receiving them and stay grateful for being included in the circle of friends of that family. I feel touched by their goodwill gesture. 

I wondered whether my inner space is preoccupied with the travails of work and challenges at work place! It is a reduced way of living. 

The birds spend only a short time in these flight stations. They sing for us for a short while. To my whistling, there was a generous response. 

What we give away shall return to us in several fold!

Our neighbourhood has also reminded me of hits. A auto driver has a small kitchen garden. When he was sick I kept calling and offered a small help. Since then he brings a portion of his produce of vegetables from his kitchen garden. He lives three kilometres away. He came agin in the rain two days back with a bagful of beans. 

We reduce ourselves to our corners by withholding to offer to others what we can do conveniently effortlessly.  When we do little more, it brings cheer to others. We feel enriched by giving. We receive more than we can give! 

A better way of living relationally!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment