22 May, 2021

The darkness of the mid-day




It was this sight that warned us a few days ago that the depression in the Arabian Sea was having its effect inland. There was lot of bird movements in the sky at his time unlike the usual. 

The heavy downpour that lasted an hour with wind and lightning at the middle of the day was fear generating. There was a fury in it. 



I noticed a Drongo  still perched on a slender twig high above, weathering the rain and wind. In adjacent coconut tree there was a waterbird enduring the rain. 

Many birds are weather 'resistant'!

I have been faint hearted during the last few weeks feeling the pressure to go beyond the circumstances I encounter at my work place. 

Sighting these two birds in the rain and wind brought some cheer to me.  

I remembered the words of prophet Isaiah,"Like a shepherd He will tend His flock, In His arm He will gather the lambs and carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes"(Isa.40.12)

The darkness shall pass away. Even in the darkness of the mid-day, there is hope and consolation!

M.C .Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment