28 April, 2021

A Bird nest in an electric post !






I stopped at a place where I look for bird movements during my way back home from the hospital. I noticed a Myna flying out from the hollow in an electric post. Soon thereafter anthte Myna descended in to the hollow. I waited to catch these two birds arriving and departing. 

As I stood watching this sight, others passing by too joined to see this interesting sight. 

What held my attention was the ingenuity of this bird family. It found a safe place for nesting. One of them was in the vicinity, while the other was away bringing food to feed the young birds in the nest.  

What was heavy on my mind as I drove home from the hospital was the visuals in the screen of how people with COVID 19 were waiting outside the hospitals in New Delhi. Some people came with oxygen cylinders for admission and others waiting in the hope of getting admitted who also needed oxygen! It was a sight of distress to say the least. 

But for this sight of the birds finding their home, I would have arrived home sad and confused!

The sight of the birds revived my spirit!  Jesus of Nazareth spoke to His followers about God, who provides for the birds of the air who do not sow or reap. Help my unbelief, My God, to trust that you would provide for those who are breathless! 

I have not seen such a situation of health related distress spread widely in our country! The international community is awake to the reality! We in India ares till comprehending it and I hope more action would follow!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment