20 April, 2021

A friendly Bulbul!






I found this Bulbul in the garden in front of our cottage and waited for me to take a few pictures before it was disturbed by a Magpie Robin and moved out of sight. It's look in all directions seems to be its second nature. It's alertness struck me. 

I have recently thought about sleep walking. Only when some one would turn to me and greeted , I would be aware of someone passing by! Now that most of us wear masks, we might even miss someone who is familiar to us. 

Even otherwise, it is likely that we pass by people and fail to wish them or enquire of them. 

As students wear uniforms sometimes I see the movements of students in groups and fail to notice their faces, unless they stop me by their greetings. 

Staying alert and be aware of people who pass us by in the corridors is a good habit for communication and conversation. 

What surprised me was the 360 degree view of its surrounding that this Bulbul had in spite of my presence in its presence with the camera. 

The physical distancing and avoiding social contacts, which is part of the profile of behaviour we have been made to practice could make us lonely and less thoughtful!

Others become potentially a source of infection and we are forced to avoid it!

I enquired if telephoning and texting have become more common to stay in touch. I do not get that message. 

The con sequencing is 'social distancing' which is what is advocated during this pandemic.

Let me argue for the opposite. Be more active socially by using phone, messaging, zoom meetings, etc.

We need to stay mindful of our neighbours. No pandemic can make us strangers to each other. 

I suggest that the habit of writing letters, telephoning and messaging be given even more importance in our daily plan!  

We miss out in giving and receiving if we withdraw from being in touch!  

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)




No comments:

Post a Comment