07 December, 2022

Being still!


I decided to watch this Pond Heron till  it moved its body. I waited for half an hour and it was still like a statue. 

I could not keep my body still for that short time. But for this water bird, being bodily still for long periods is normal. 

Those of us, who practice meditative exercises, this bird is an example. It is possible to be bodily still. To be still from one minute to 20 minutes is a challenge worth attempting, as such stillness of the body and inner quietness can truly be a healing and recovering experience. 

I feel driven sometimes at work when children wait to be invited for consultation. It is on such occasions, I  feel the need to be still bodily and inwardly quite to feel refreshed to welcome children. 

Being still is a way of becoming present to ourselves and others. It is in that heightened awareness we can experience God consciousness, who brings a balm of comfort to our troubled soul! 

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment