19 December, 2022

Leaves, Flowers, Fruits, Birds and Bird songs !







I felt fascinated by the sight of colourful leaves, flowers, fruits, birds and the sound of bird songs in our garden when we are in the advent season!

This spectrum of sights do occur at other times in the years, but the garden has a n ornamental look during the advent season, which gave me a sense of the nature getting ready for reliving the Christmas story !

I returned to silence for an audit of my inward readiness to remember the birth of Jesus of Nazareth. That is when I realised that my thought world is like the inn that was crowded because of which Mary and Joseph had no space for the birth of their son. That is how they were in a manger where Jesus was born. 

I spent most of yesterday dwelling on this theme. The inner Inn! I was given a glimpse of my inner inn, where there is a clutter of thoughts, expectations, disappointment and challenges. I woke up with the lowest level of tinnitus in my ear yesterday since it appeared two months ago, which surprised me immensely. The silence in the ear made me hear the bird calls better after a while.   

The interior silence creates space for a transcending experience. There is a world beyond our thought world. The mid space needs an emptying for a manger experience. 

What would be this manger experience!

To know the freedom from the occupying thoughts to move towards interior silence,  which then makes our mind space a manger to have a God experience of surprise and stillness! 

Our mind space needs to experience a sense of wonder and awe at the prospect of the inner manger becoming a space for God to appear in a personal way to turn our thoughts Godward!

It was while walking in the garden, I sensed the joyfulness of the garden preparing itself for the welcoming the joy of Christmas. 

The manger within us is our mind space. It is where life transforming experiences can take place, when we are ready to welcome the unusual experiences with discernment!

M.C.Mathew( text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment