21 December, 2022

A Bulbul pair with a message!





I watched this Bulbul pair yesterday having a refreshing morning with watching their images in the car mirror in our courtyard.

One Bulbul had arrived first and having noticed its image appear in the mirror called out for its pair, who arrived on the scene to share in this surprise experience. During the next few minutes they were there, they changed places to watch their images in the mirror. 

It seemed to me that they took delight in an experience which occurs occasionally and communicated that pleasure by chirping to each other and looking at each other. 

Often small experiences are good enough to keep us enthused and refreshed. 

I remember a child at the end of a visit coming towards me to give a hug! He did not speak much but understood language and often expressed through gestures. His mother was surprised at his gesture, as he does this only occasionally to strangers. She wondered whether, pictures of birds in the room would have made him happy. He is fond of watching birds by sitting in the veranda of his house!

For the Bulbuls it was watching their images in the mirror; for this boy it was watching the birds in his courtyard, which brought cheer. 

We can offer tokens of our regards towards others through small gestures of kindness. A greeting with a smile is cheer giving! I found this during my walks in the corridors of the hospital, where an exchange of a smile and greeting brings a mood of cheerfulness! Since I discovered it I do not turn to my telephone during my walks along the corridors. That is the time for meeting and greeting others!

The Bulbuls brought this message to me yesterday morning!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment