14 March, 2022

Nectar loving birds!





A Sunbird pair, purple dumped male and female visit the some flowers rEgularly. I found them in the palm tree which has just flowered.  

It was a special occasion as they were both engaged in their birdsongs and stayed for long in one place to be able to get a few good pictures. Often they are in such a hurry and fly away form one site to another that I have missed getting good photos. 

They are small in size but keep a well groomed body and are most tuneful when they sing. This to me is their distinction. 

They make me think about the way they adapt to the circumstances. They have an ornamental appearance and add to the diversity in a garden. The Barbets which is another species of birds which reside in our garden and the Sunbirds are a contrast when we look at their bird behaviour. The Sunbirds are often in a pair and the Barbets are seen in single!

That reminds me of human behaviour. Some live relationally and many live unmindfully of others!

The Sunbirds brought a much needed message to my soul yesterday morning!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment