19 March, 2022

Mid Life events !

 


A banana pant in our garden showed signs of some disease  with its leaves turning yellow and some bananas turning brown! It seems to be in its mid life!

The mid life events can be uplifting or downsizing our lives. 

At the sight of this banana plant with its fruit, just outside the gate to our cottage, I felt alarmed yesterday that we might loose the plant to some disease by the look of it!

I suppose an experienced farmer would know what to do in such situations to save the plant. 

Our lives are exposed to challenges of all sorts!

We do not know when a difficulty would strike us.

I met a doctor yesterday who is preparing for the NEET for his post-graduate training, who was on his way to play basket ball.  When I complemented him for finding time to play amidst his learning, he said, 'It is one way of learning to live well balancing life events'! What a statement of hope!

It is in mid life we face new challenges! The readiness for mid life transitions begins from younger days with a view on the inevitable life transitions. 

To escape from the ill effects of non communicable diseases of middle life, it is good to be aware and adapt diet, exercise and leisure time activities keeping this reality in mind. 

As I look back at my mid life, I wish I was more diligent in my pursuit of preparation for ageing!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment