12 June, 2020

Beginnings in dark days!






I took a while to sort out the new format which the blogger has created for posting the blog. I wonder why this change was needed! The earlier version looked easier and user friendly. 

But that is the message which is reaching us all the time. There is change which is more common than constancy!

I sat down at my table after watching the morning sky which was dark and intensely cloudy. I also noticed that the the bread fruit tree which was partly uprooted in the heavy wind three weeks back and whose stems were cut,  had new shoots. 

I picked up the news paper and was pleasantly surprised to read the comments of Bill Gates on his outlook to life. He is the largest funder of charity for human wellness and pioneering initiatives to conquer infectious diseases. 

I realised that I have a choice here. I can look at the clouds and turn gloomy. I can look at the shoots and receive the hope it brings after its life of seven years was cut short by a wind. 

Bill gates seems glad to have been displaced form his software pursuit to move in to philanthropy!

At seventy one years, I too have felt that I stayed too long in my clinical work without pausing to reflect on another beginning. As I come to close of the end of my current contract at work, I do sense a move- meant within me to embrace a change! 

A change is a movement in life. It is a beginning rooted in the past! It is a new expression of one's vocation. 

I have often wondered if the COVID 19 is a wake up call to invoke a new perspective to life, living and learning!

Jesus of Nazareth in His words to His followers said, 'My sheep hear my voice and I know them, and they follow Me'(John 10:27).

There is hearing and following!

I suspect that one is used to hearing the voice of ambition from within, which is what most of us follow. 

The new orientation Jesus of Nazareth presented was for a listening heart, and a will to follow! 

That is the new beginning, open before me!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)
  






No comments:

Post a Comment