14 May, 2023

A Window View!




The above scene of mangoes hanging outside the window, on the opposite side, is what holds my attention, when I stand up to wash my hands after examining a child.  It is refreshing sight to say the least. This sight from January to June each year,  from the blossoms in the mango tree becoming ripe fruits is a fascinating sight to look forward to. 

As one interested in the growth and development of children, I have collections of photographs taken each year, of the different stages of this annual feature of mangoes from 
the flowering stage.

In a few weeks time, they would have become food for birds, squirrels and humans. 

This is a mango tree that receives no attention from the gardener. It is present to give its fruits every year. Once the fruits are gathered the tree is forgotten till the next year. In one sense it is a thankless existence!

I owe a lot to this mango tree, because it has tutored me to be more gracious in giving! I confess that  I have sometimes attended to the needs of families hoping to receive grateful attitude or commendation. 

To give is the natural way. This is a lesson that this mango tree conveys!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment