05 May, 2022

The Life within!


 This bunch of flowers have buds, fully open flowers and flowers that are drying up. 

Anna and I have had news of friends and a few in the family recently, who are currently facing health related challenges and feeling overwhelmed by the turn of events making them fragile and frail. Few of them would need surgery. 

We too are in the age bracket when anything can befall us!

What was captivating about the bunch of flowers above was the family spirit it conveyed. The flowers are held together by the stalk,  the twigs, branches, stem and the plant rooted in its soil.   

There is a message of hope in this flower arrangement in the plant. 

I have felt concerned that this sense of belonging is fading away within biological families and foster families we are part of.

I looked back over the last three weeks. There are at least twenty mails pending to be replied. I feel sorry that people who reach out have to wait to receive a response.  

Dr Jeyabalan, who himself has health concerns sent me a mail yesterday, 'I send this mail to remind you that we remember you'!

I stay touched and moved by such a gesture!

I wish I would get re-enthused to stay in touch. I made that as a habit during the COVID season, but have fallen short of continuing it at this time, when people are struggling with finding the right recovery path!

Together we move on to return from where we have come from!

I wish this sense of togetherness brings fondness and nearness between friends!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment