22 May, 2022

Flowers inspite of rain!



This cactus in a pot, adjacent to the car park is a plant with flowers often.  The rain made many flowers in our garden look devoid of their fragrance and freshness. But not the flowers in this cactus. Someone mentioned to me that they are small and have a wax like coat over the petals, which insulate them from the harm of the rain.  

All of us feel battered sometimes by the circumstances in which we live. 

I feel it as a reality!

Th dinner resilience is our protection!

I saw a three years old child holding a white rose flower in his hand in a function. Another child came and forcibly took it away from him. The boy surprised with the loss of he flower, turned to his mother and said, 'It is ok. I had it for a long time'. 

Tha is resilience. To be content in having and not having. 

 I wish I can learn to have a similar spirit of this child!

Children surprise us often with what we can learn from them!

To live holding on to things lightly and mindfully is a message worth pondering upon. What    I have cannot be mine alone...we are not possessors but relayers in this vocation of life!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

  



No comments:

Post a Comment