08 February, 2020

The years of a tree!



One fascinating sight that engages me is to look at old trees and observe the several branches they form from the trunk, and spread their branches over a large area. 

The shade the branches provide during the day is protective. The foliage provides shelter for birds in the night. The soil underneath receives the dry leaves and make them nitrogen rich food for all subsoil life. 

A large tree with its enormous sustains life. They make the air oxygen rich, which makes a huge difference to the air quality!

I keep thinking on this theme almost every day while at work. 

Have I been a shade and shelter to those who visit me for consultation!

A senior Professor Emeritus told me that 'he works even now in the hospital because he wants to care for others'! What a mission of hope! He is a tall tree!

Our personal growth is fruitful when it brings cheer and comfort to others!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment