14 July, 2018

Silently bearing fruit!


Some pepper plants produce black pepper twice in a year. Although I keep looking for them and take photos of different stage of their growth, I missed this plant till the pepper is half way through its growth!

What fascinates me is the quiet way the pepper plants bring forth their fruits. It is one plant which does not receive much attention in our garden! 

They stay where they are planted and grow and bear fruits! 

This too has a message for me! As I have recently entered the seventh decade in my life, I have an increasing awareness of a call to bear new fruits. 

Yesterday, I received a message from a friend where I worked earlier, 'We miss you here'! That is in reference to the past!

There is an opportunity for each of us to make our daily living fruitful for us and others! Some of us can slip into 'vegetative' existence, recalling our past and feeling content with it! But what marks the sign of a creative presence is to live fruitfully! The advancing age or adverse circumstances are no barriers for those whose 'hearts are set on pilgrimage'!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment