26 March, 2016

Growth and development!



One of my pass times when Anna was away for the last two months, is to keep a watch on the growth and development of our five months old Deulcy.

She has gained in weight by 750 grams in the last three months, 1.5 cms in head circumference, 2 cms in height and 2 centimetres in length. She follows three words often and about five other words occasionally. She has developed object permanence. She runs 25 meters in five seconds and jumps over the parapet which is 18 inches tall. She indicates when she wants to go out and barks gently when there are strangers. She recognises familiar people by wagging her tail and bows her head for stroking. She would find my socks, chapel, pencil and hide  in her private corner. She sits at the carpet where Anna's chair was located whenever I am in that room. 

One game that she wants me to play with her is to run and catch her. I cannot match her speed. So she scores over me. To embarrass me, she having overtaken me, would sit down on the parapet and briskly runs away when I approach her! 

I do not need an alarm now, as she got synchronised with the time of my getting up. She would come and lick my hand till I am awake!

I have no idea about the 'mile stones' of growth and development of a dog! But that does not matter because she brings some surprises !

M.C.Mathew





No comments:

Post a Comment