27 March, 2016

A brown grass hopper!


The summer flowers have an unusual elegance and freshness bout them. So I try capturing them whenever I can!

But this photo surprised me when I down loaded into the lap top. Brown grass hopper! I wish I had noticed it while taking this photo!

What was it doing in the mid day heat!

The grass hoppers too survive on honey, I found out from a friend!

Every living creature is provided for!

And yet, we live in a violent world.  We live in culture of verbal and physical violence! The terrorising human bombings in Brussels during the holy week tell us of the violent instinct that is growing. 

So the mission of Jesus of doing good all the time has become even more significant to counter this trend! Pope Francis dedicated the year 2015 as the 'year of Mercy'.

The mission of students in a nearby college in the evening is to take cans of water to a village close by. They return to the college chapel at the end of the day and listen to the reading of the Sermon on the Mount before setting out on their daily trip to the village with water!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment