02 January, 2016

One step enough!


The visibility of the college Hill at CMC Vellore was masked by the morning mist and cloudy sky and yet visible enough to sense the terrain!

I was at that time meditating on the new year 2016 and  what it might unfold!

During the past week with some unexpected things happening at work place I decided to take a break during the new year week end and pause to get a larger foot print to proceed into the unknown.

In a famous hymn, Mahatama Gandhi was known to have frequently meditated upon, there is a stanza, which reads, ' Lead kindly light, amid the encircling gloom, Lead thou me on; the night is dark and I am far from home, Lead Thou me on; Keep thou my feet,I  do not ask to see the distant scene, one step enough for me...'

How good to begin the new year with this certainty of a hope- the visibility of one step is the assurance of all the steps to follow!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment