02 January, 2016

Beyond the flying path!

When I saw this word on the same bamboo grove on the third day around the same time, I wondered whether it had its nest somewhere close by. On the next day, I arrived earlier than the previous days and waited to see if the bird would appear! It arrived and departed in about half an hour!

Most bird sighters would refer to it as one way of establishing a territorial control!

However, I wondered whether there can be other reasons as well! So I looked out for the bird in the late afternoon and I spotted it on another tree not too far from the bamboo grove. I traced the flight path as much as I could, which was between trees in the same area. 

As I pondered over this phenomenon, I realised that it is also a human instinct to choose a comfort zone and define it as the rhythm to preserve our well being!

In our drivenness to secure our comfort zone, don't we tend to live reduced lives without the adventure of exploration, experiments, adventure or risk taking!

A seven years old child told me recently 'uncle although you might not have played cricket for a while, come and play with us now. You can at least collect the balls!' So I joined in. At the end of the game, they offered me a slice of cake. One of the boys was celebrating his birthday! It was my favourite carrot cake!

It was a reminder to me that it is necessary to go beyond the comfort zone to experience fullness which sameness or routines would not be able to provide!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment