24 January, 2016

A dilemma!


All the five mango trees although only less than there years old  do show signs of flowering! But the tender leaves before the flowers appear are eaten away by pupa! I found this 1 cm pupa while inspecting the tender leaves! 

If I were to tell this to our gardener tomorrow he would certainly spray pesticides! I wondered whether I should leave it without spraying!

Is this not a dilemma we face always face! Which ever decision you take there would be some advantages and disadvantages!

I have been through a situation recently where I have had to make a choice between two equally reasonable options. I hesitated to choose. But when I finally contemplated on the choices offered, there emerged a third option, which I thought brought more advantages than the other two! But none  consented for the third option! 

Sometimes people equate their opinion to their right of choice and insist to have it that way! Our opinions are not the source of our identity! We are more than our opinions! So to revise our opinion and consent to someone else's opinion unless it is an issue of conviction, is a noble way for building relationships!

M.C.Mathew(text an photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment